main interior-layout section brands
Chicken Rice Soup
A soul-feeding dish that's easy to make - Chicken Rice Soup can also be prepared with leftover rice. The starchiness and heaviness of the rice is gone during preparation, giving you a perfectly healthy soup to start your meal with.
|Preparation Time||35 minutes|
|Cooking Time||35 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 7 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion and celery and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and peas and gently simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, vinegar and pepper.