This dish looks as dainty as a string of pearls on a princess's neck. Pink baby onions are sautéed and slowly cooked with Aeroplane Basmati Rice. Thick cream and cheese go into the bubbling rice for a rich creamy taste. Truly, a feast fit for a princess
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||50 minutes|
- 1 cup Aeroplane Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup garlic
- 1 stick of dalchini
- 2 laung
- 1 tejpatta
- 1 elaichi
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and soak the Aeroplane Basmati Rice for 4 to 5 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onions, garlic and sauté till they are brown.
- Add the dalchini, laung, tejpata, elaichi and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the Aeroplane Basmati Rice and salt & sauté for a further 4 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups of hot water, cover the pan with the lid and simmer on a slow flame till the rice is 80% cooked.
- Add in the cream and cheese, cover with a lid and cook on a very slow flame till the rice absorbs all the liquid.
- Separate each grain of rice very lightly with a fork.
- Serve hot & fresh.