main interior-layout section brands
Veg Dum Biryani.
A layered biryani dish infused with the rich flavours of Hyderabad. Perfect for any occasion.
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time||60 minutes|
- Aeroplane Basmati Rice - 1 cup (washed, cleaned and soaked in water for ½ hour)
- Desi ghee - ¼ cup
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Green chilly - 2
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Saffron - 20-25 threads
- Cashewnuts - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon Seeds- ½ inch piece
- Black cardamom – 2
- Nutmeg (jaifal) - 2 pinch
- Bay leaf - 1
- Clove - 4-5
- Green cardamom – 3
- Black pepper - 8-10
- Cauliflower florets - 1 cup
- Green coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1 (cut into 1 inch thin pieces)
- Carrot - 1 (cut into 1 inch thin pieces)
- Beans - 10-12 (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Potatoes - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Mint leaves - 10-12
- Boil 5 cups of water in any utensil.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, and peeled black cardamom in water.
- When water starts boiling, add rice in the water and cook the rice 80% only because they will be pressurized later.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and firstly fry potatoes on high flame. Slice them length wise. Fry until they get light brown color.
- Add cauliflower florets and carrot in the pan for frying. Fry on high flame for 1.5 minute only and take then out.
- Fry capsicum for 1 minute only and take it out in plate (Keep the vegetables crunchy, don’t fry them too much)
- Now strain the rice with help of a sieve. Remove bay leaf and cardamom skin from the rice and cool.
- Prepare masala in the same pan used for frying vegetables. Roast cumin seeds in hot oil. Add ginger paste, green chilies, turmeric powder and coriander powder and roast a little.
- Cut tomatoes into small chunks and add in the masala. Cook until tomatoes get mashed properly.
- Add salt, red chilly powder and coarsely grinned gram masala (2 cloves, black pepper, ½ inch cinnamon stick, green cardamom) in the pan. Roast the masala.
- Add curd in the masala and roast for few minutes more. Masala is now ready.
- Add fried vegetables in the masala and mix nicely. Vegetable for biryani is ready.
Dum (pressurize) the biryani:
- Take one big and heavy utensil, add 1 tsp ghee and layer half of the Aeroplane Basmati Rice. Layer the prepared vegetables on top of the Aeroplane Basmati Rice Rice and spread it evenly. Layer rest of the Aeroplane Basmati Rice on top the vegetables and spread them evenly.
- Sprinkle cashew nuts and raisins on surface of the rice, add green coriander and mint leaves too.
- Pour 4 tbsp melted ghee from top.
- Soak saffron in 2 tsp water and sprinkle it on top of the Aeroplane Basmati Rice.
- Cover the biryani tightly and properly and dum (pressurize) it for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid of utensil and mix all ingredients nicely.
- Serve biryani with curd, chutney or raita.